Google Local, Google Maps, Google Plus, Google My Business, the name has changed a few times. Surprisingly, there are many businesses out there that have not claimed or managed their Google My Business (GMB) listing.
Some businesses feel it’s too local and therefore have no use for it. Many feel it is too time consuming. We have studied many of our clients Analytics over the past year and discovered both local-based and national clients benefit tremendously from GMB accounts. Some accounts saw a 25% increase in traffic! In addition to traffic, often times your GMB listing will rank higher then the standard search engine rank! Here’s just handful of what you can now do with them:
- Add a description of your business
- Hours of operation
- Holiday hours (it will show you’re closed on Christmas)
- Photos of your business including physical location information and separate photos for products, services, etc.
- Reviews- The ability to read and respond to reviews
- Micro website- Create a mini micro website as a way to help promote your business
- Show whether or not your a women-led company
- Offer menu options- restaurants, nail salons, hair salons, just about anything that has a menu of options can use this!
- Offer text messaging- Great new feature! Allow potential clients to text you from your GMB listing!
- Book now features- Select businesses can book services through their GMB listing
- The classic- driving directions
- Post offers, Events, or any other client-driven advertising
Google has also made it easier to verify listings. Although there can still be snags, they are now open to more phone, text and email verifications options in addition to the traditional snail mail method.
Contact Big Shark Marketing if you have any questions or would like a free consultation on how to manage your Google My Business listing today!!